Saturday 12 January 2013

Ruby Woo!

Yesterday I went to my local MAC counter to return my 6 empties for the 'Back to MAC program'. For those not familiar with the Back to MAC program, it basically means I can take back 6 of my empty MAC containers (foundation, blush/eye shadow etc..) in return for a free lipstick. MAC then forwards the empty containers to a waste management facility to recycle or re-use.

However, being a while since my last return of empties, I have just found out that instead of choosing a lipstick of your choice (except limited editions/Viva Glam) from the MAC range - you must now choose off MAC's list of 20 lipsticks, specifically established for the Back to MAC program which is a bit disappointing as I have many of the lippies already on the list!

Anyways...I ended up choosing 'Ruby Woo', which is a Retro Matte Lipstick:




Ruby Woo is quite a bold red, with blue undertones. It is a fairly bright lipstick and definitely makes your lips pop! It lasts a little longer than most MAC lippies I own. The only downside to this product is that being a 'matte' lipstick, it is fairly drying, so I would recommend using a lip balm before applying or after application for a glossy finish.

What does everyone else think of the recent changes to Back to MAC? I for one, am a little disappointed - but hey, I shouldn't complain about getting something for free!

1 comment:

  1. I think that is a great initiative by MAC and no I don't think you can really complain about having the choice of 20 colours for a lipstick that isn't costing you anything

    ReplyDelete